Windows Server 2016 Essentials offers a flexible, affordable, and easy-to-use server solution for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices.
An ideal first server, that can also be used as the primary server in a multi-server environment for small businesses. It provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities for allowing small businesses to be more productive.
Windows Server 2016 is a Microsoft operating system built primarily for cloud computing users. It simplifies the transition of on-premises workloads to the cloud. With its advanced server functionality, you can easily adapt to changing business requirements and build a high-performance, secure, flexible, and affordable production environment.
Apart from the core functionalities, the following are the new and upgraded features:
- Nano Server
- Windows Server containers
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Hyper-V containers/Operating System Environments (OSEs)
- Windows Defender
- Storage Spaces Direct
- Storage Replica
- PowerShell 5.0
- Shielded Virtual Machines
- Security Reduce risk for your business with multiple layers of security built right into the operating system. Enjoy on-premises and cloud-based protection. The server delivers a safeguard against security breaches by helping block malicious attacks and enhancing the security of your virtual machines, applications and important data. The system can even help safeguard your administrator’s passwords from Pass-the-Hash attacks by using Credential Guard. Customize administrator privileges using built-in controls and more with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Application Development
Windows Server 2016 makes application development easier than ever. The server system transforms the way you develop, deploy and run your applications using a super modern DevOps environment. In addition to adding security benefits to your existing applications, the software also allows developers to work on next-generation apps that are optimized for use in the cloud.
- Reduce Costs
By taking advantage of cloud storage, you can reduce business costs and save money. Build highly available, scalable and secure storage solutions at a fraction of the cost of a local storage location. Using industry-standard servers and local owners, businesses can reduce costs, reduce downtime and save money. Storing data remotely also creates options for data recovery in the event of a disaster, reducing down time and preventing profit loss.
You can check out the previous version; Windows server 2012 R2 Essentials.
There are no reviews yet.