Windows Server 2019 Essentials Edition is the successor to it’s 2016 Essentials edition and carries on the design for small businesses’ needs. It contains many of its predecessor’s features and capabilities with various cloud features and interoperability.
Windows Server Essentials offers a flexible, affordable, and easy-to-use server solution for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices. As an ideal first server, it can also be used as the primary server in a multi-server environment for small businesses.
Windows Server 2019 Essentials provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities, allowing small businesses to be more productive. Microsoft Windows Server 2019 is the most powerful and fully-featured Windows Server operating system released from Microsoft to date. It is highly capable and provides organizations with many great features for use on-premises, cloud environments, and hybrid cloud configurations.
This edition automatically install certain server roles that are not installed by default in the Standard and Datacenter editions for those same versions. Applications with known compatibility issues with any of the server roles that are automatically installed may not be compatible with the Essentials edition.
Windows server essentials 2019 features to note:
- It is available as a single license that includes Client Access Licenses (CAL) for up to 25 users/50 devices
- It offers a very compelling price point compared to other Windows Server editions
- You can run native files and print services
- Manageable with Windows Admin Center (WAC)
It also contains the following key Azure integration features:
- Integration with Azure Site Recovery Services
- Easily extend connection to Azure with Azure Virtual Network
- Support for Azure Active Directory Connect (AAD) installation.
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Domain Services.
- DNS Server.
- File and Storage Services.
- Network Policy and Access Services
- Remote Desktop Services.
- Web Server (IIS)